As part of the OCC Cultivate Team, there are specific guidelines that have been established to help us work together, glorify God, and prepare hearts to become outwardly, passionate worshipers. It is important that we each understand the significance of the high calling of this ministry, as we are being set apart to lead in worship, both corporately and individually. Therefore, we commit to offer our best to this ministry and to God. By signing the 2015-16 Covenant, I am stating that I have read the document in its entirety, that I am in 100% agreement of the guidelines, and that I willingly commit to the following:
1. TIME MANAGEMENT
· I will best use my time during the week to prepare.
· I will arrive on time or early when serving.
· I will be time conscious when setting up for rehearsal and service.
· I will check email regularly and promptly respond.
· I will check Planning Center regularly and promptly accept/decline dates.
· I will meet all deadlines (submit block-out dates, RSVP to events, etc.).
· I will follow all guidelines outlined in the Cultivate Clothing Guide.
· I will display passion, joy, enthusiasm, and excitement.
· I will exhibit a lifestyle of worship inside and outside the church.
· I will receive and implement instruction(s) well.
· I am willing to accept criticism.
· I am open to ideas and suggestions.
· I will identify opportunities for self-improvement.
· I can see the value and necessity of every role in this ministry and I will go above and beyond in the opportunities I am given to serve.
· I will be proactive in the development of my abilities, constantly striving to improve.
· I will look for opportunities to serve.
· I will avoid negativity.
· I will not participate in gossip.
· I will refrain from complaining.
· I will convey a heart of service and humility.
· I will support the leadership of OCC.
· I will speak to the appropriate leaders if I have a concern or objection.
6. TEAM PLAYER
· I will improve/better the team’s overall function and performance.
· I am willing to step in and assist when a need arises.
· I will encourage my team members.
· I will strive to produce high quality results.
· I will work as though we are working for the Lord instead of man (Col. 3:23).
· I recognize that this ministry comes with many fluctuating details and things often change.
· I will be flexible with these changes.
· I will adapt with a good attitude.
· I will display patience with team members, technology, agenda, etc.
1. RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
· I will spend time consistently with God, through reading His Word and prayer.
· I will engage in study and devotionals, including reading the Cultivate blog.
· I will tithe regularly.
2. LIVING ABOVE REPROACH
· I will avoid being a stumbling block to fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
· I will represent Christ and His Church in public and in private, including social media.
3. COMMUNITY IN CHURCH
· I will attend Sunday morning service(s) at OCC on a regular and consistent basis.
· I am connected with the OCC body of believers.
· I am active and consistently involved in a small group/life group.
· I will look for opportunities to share Christ with non-believers.
· I will foster spiritual growth in other believers.
5. HONORING OTHERS
· I will encourage ministers and staff of OCC.
· I will be respectful towards and appreciative of volunteers.
· I will be welcoming to visitors.
· I will edify fellow Cultivate team members.
So that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky. – Philippians 2:15